While total investments in agtech grew to $4.6B in 2015, significant and pressing challenges persist in food and agriculture today. At the same time, regulatory policy, environmental changes, and shifting consumer preference are continually galvanizing new areas for innovation.
THRIVE and its growing ecosystem of partners are committed to identifying, connecting, and accelerating technologies with the potential for system-wide transformation. Launched out of the the Silicon and Salinas Valleys in 2014, the THRIVE Accelerator supports startups from all areas of the value chain whose technologies drive us towards a more efficiently operated, environmentally minded, and accessible agriculture future.
In partnership with Taylor Farms, Land O' Lakes, Verizon, the City of Salinas, Wells Fargo, Driscoll's Berries, Yamaha Motors, and Panasonic, the THRIVE Accelerator will select 10 AgTech startups to participate in an 8-week virtual accelerator program. Throughout the the program on an ongoing basis, companies will have one-on-one mentorship and engagement with top tier industry leaders in agriculture and technology, take advantage of field and value chain deployment opportunities, access investment opportunities, and incubation services.
- December 31st: Application deadline
- March 2017: Pitch Day for startup finalists: Virtual
- Late March 2017: 10 Startup Companies Selected- Meet your cohort, mentors, and THRIVE program managers in Salinas, CA
- April-May 2017: 8-week accelerator program: Virtual
- July 2017: Demo Day at Forbes AgTech Summit: Salinas, CA
Eligible Startups Improving food & agriculture requires innovation at every stage of the supply chain. THRIVE AgTech looks for startups, pre-series A, with technologies focused in the following areas:
- Precision agriculture
- Efficiencies in supply chain management, traceability and food safety
- Crop & soil technologies (biotechnology)
- Big Data Analytics
- Robotics & Automation
For additional information, please get in touch with Mareese.Keane@SVGPartners.com